Learn all about Type 2 Diabetes
Diabetes is a disease that affects your sugar level in your blood. Most of the people are patient with type 2 diabetes. There are lots of people over the world, who are affected due to this. To prevent this, we need to first understand why it happens and then only we can fight it to our best ability.
What Causes the Diabetes?
Normally, the human body produces a hormone commonly known as insulin. With this insulin the glucose of the food we eat gets converted into energy. Now people who have the type 2 diabetes do produce insulin, but the cells do not use them. This is known as insulin resistance. Now at this situation, the body generates more insulin, but does not help and the sugar level increases steadily in the blood. There are a few reasons for which one can face type 2 diabetes:
- Gene problems:The DNA has a lot of part to play in determining the fact how a human body will produce the insulin.
- Overweight: if you are overweight it can surely be a reason of insulin resistance. This type of diabetes can happen to anyone who had or currently have obesity. A custom diabetic diet plan would solve this.
- Glucose from the liver: The liver can support your body by producing sugar in case your sugar level is low. But after you eat something and your blood sugar level is normal, liver should stop producing or at least slow down. For those people, the liver keeps on producing the sugar can face problem of type 2 diabetes.
Risk Factors involved and Prevention
There are quite a few factors that can contribute in the diabetes in the long run and you cannot really do anything to control them:
- Your ever growing age
- If someone in your family has it.
- Prediabetes syndromes
- Blood vessel and heart disease
- High level of blood pressure
- Minimum amount of daily exercise
There are some common factors that you cannot really control so it is better to focus on how you can prevent them:
- Losing weight by at least 7 to 10 % can be really helpful.
- Be active: have some activities throughout the day.
- Choose right kind of diet: consult an expert to choose the food that you can eat and which you cannot, though you can choose low calorie and high fiber food for your diet.
- Saying no to smoking can also be one of the solutions to your diabetes problems.
There are symptoms of diabetes, but type 2 diabetes symptoms are really hard to notice. A lot of people have these symptoms, but they do not realize:
- Feeling thirsty
- Lot of peeing
- Vision problems
- Feeling irritated
- Wounds taking time to heal than usual
There are quite a few long term effects that can really prove to be harmful for you in the recent future:
- Blocking of the blood vessels and heart
- Damage to the Kidneys
- Damage of the Eyes
- Damage to the nerves
- Healing inability of wounds
- Pregnancy problems
The ways you can prevent these are quite simple, you just need to follow a few steps:
- Take your pills or insulin on time, best to make a chart
- Check your sugar levels regularly
- Eat proper food and do not skip any of the meals
- Consult a doctor if you are unable to understand your problem of the symptoms